No. 20


Guitar No. 20 featuring a cedar top and European walnut back and sides. It is the first sunburst guitar I have build....but won't be the last.

The very first guitar I bought myself from money I saved from Christmas and birthday was a Johnson Dreadnought with a sunburst. I sold that later and bought and old 1984 Ibanez Jumbo. Also with a sunburst. This guitar later became my first "victim" after I started working with a luthier and needed to get my hands onto something and try French polishing. I sanded and scraped off the lacquer which was really thick and took forever. But the lacquer was gone and so was the burst and I would make my first experience with shellac. The polishing was no good but the guitar really improved and I was quite happy with it.
So after all this years without a sunburst guitar, again I needed one in my life.














Comments

Popular Posts